Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

I've been pondering whether or not to post a blog about the happening of today. I woke up this morning under the impression that I definitely would, but as the day progressed and I watched more and more coverage of the events I wasn't sure if my thoughts could at all equal that comments and observations that I had seen and heard already. However, this is my blog and I helped elect this man, so here, my commentary matters.

Rachel and I started off the morning by watching the early events unfold from the comforts of our warm bed. I know you may be thinking that, "Hey you live in Florida, it's always warm there!" You, however, would be wrong. We started out by watching Katie Couric on CBS which was pretty good, but I felt that their commentary and observations were all very boring. After rising and getting delicious cups of Dunkin Donuts coffee, the hot variety because again it was cold, we switch the station to CNN which proved to be much more entertaining. I really enjoyed the speakings of Wolf Blitzer and Anderson Cooper because at least they seemed to really enjoy the proceedings and the fact that they were really a part of history. Also the technology that CNN employed was really fun and exciting. Here's a link to their 3D and 360 degree view of "The Moment" that Obama took over as the 44th president of the United States.

I also wore a special shirt in honor of today. Call me cheesy, call me lame, but this was a incredible moment in U.S. history and it was one of the ways that I could commemorate it.

Here's my shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment